For emergency service submit form
or call now:1-855-304-3818
Mold Damage Restoration
The special challenges of mold
Mold contamination continues to receive increased attention in the media and is a rapidly growing concern for homeowners, property managers, insurance providers and restoration companies. Indoor mold contamination has been identified as a major contributor to allergies and poor indoor air quality. Despite the rapidly growing body of knowledge about mold, it remains the subject of a lot of confusion. We hope that this information will help you to make better decisions.What is Mold?
- Mold can grow in as little as 48 hours.
- Molds thrive in moist environments resulting from a flood, a slow leak, a broken pipe, or just high humidity.
- Molds require an organic food source. One common food source is cellulose, which is found in building materials such as wood and drywall.
- Molds are spread by microscopic airborne particles called “spores”.
The best way to deal with mold is to prevent it from happening. If the drying of wet building materials is commenced within 24 hours (assuming clean water), the chances of preventing mold growth are excellent. If building materials remain wet, it is inevitable that mold will start to grow. Therefore, addressing and eliminating moisture problems is the critical first step.
Simply put, “Got Moisture? Got Mold!”
ServiceMaster Restore is committed to maintaining a reasonable, prudent and responsible position.
- All ServiceMaster Restore Quality Restoration Vendors have completed intensive mold remediation training and received instruction in the proper procedures for handling mold claims.
- All are prepared to handle small (10 square feet or less) and isolated areas affected by mold that may be encountered in the course of normal water damage mitigation services.
- A large number of our franchises are trained and certified to perform larger mold remediation projects.